Denis Tétrault

Last Updated:Sunday, October 08, 2000
Created on Fri, 06 Oct 2000

Hello everybody,

My name is Denis. I have been practicing instinctive eating since October 1989. I am living presently south of Montreal at the border of NY state. Since I have changed my way of eating, a lot of things have changed in my life. In 1992, I sold my accountant office and bought a forest farm where I am living now. I built a strawbale house also. For four years, I raised pigs outside all year round with shelters without door. The animals were free to enter or stay outside. Prior to the purchasing of the farm, I have spend times visiting some countries where I could stay and raise food all year round. I went to Costa Rica in 91, to Dominica in 92 and Martinique en 97-98. In 98-99 I spend the winter in Mali West Africa with one of my friend's family. When I left Mali after four months I had decided to go back there and start raising fruits and vegetables but when I went back in the summer, things had changed. As I was not feeling too secure there, I decided to come back home for a while. In this summer, I discovered a place in Hawaii called Pangaia and then I decided to sell everything and leave for Hawaii as I got cross information from one of my friends who had been there. But the selling of my property didn't work out yet as I expected and I am still working on that at the present time.

Now I will like to talk a little on my practice of instinctive eating. For the first 4 or 5 years, I did it pretty well but after that period, things have changed and I started to eat more raw foods and mixed the vegetables. Also, once in a while, I was going to a French restaurant and was eating raw meat.

Well I am not sure what exactly caused me to have a tumor on the neck. It started with a little one and it was often bleeding and not healing. I started to eat a little cooked foods on occasions with friends and this didn't help either. Anyway, I had that tumor increasing slowly but surely. I tried to fast for 10 days but since I am living alone, I stopped after that period because I thought I couldn't be able to help myself if I was to continue. I tried several others techniques but nothing seem to work. On the final step, I decided to have it removed since it's size had tripled from the last time I went to see a doctor a year ago. I had it removed by an esthetical surgeon and she told me that it was a skin cancer but one which is less severe and that she had taken everything out. I had noticed a significant change on my skin immediately after the operation.

They have prescribed drugs against the pain but I didn't have to use any since I didn't have any or so little that I was wondering at first if she had taking off the tumor.

Now I would like to mention that I liked very much working with my hands i.e. manually and I did practice permaculture here and also helped other people to start their garden using this principal.

As you certainly notice, English is not my first language since I learned it in the 60s at school for 1 and a half years in Alberta but the rest of the time I was in Quebec i.e. French speaking here. Well I stop here to keep it not too long to read.

Have a nice day and I love you all

If you would like to write to Denis

goto contact page

Please don't forget to sign the guestbook when you leave!

To Rawtimes Return to All Raw Times Homepage