Last Updated: 17 June 1999
Written , 17 June 1999 by Terra Coon
- 2C Ground Sunflower seeds
- 2C Ground Sesame Seeds
- 1 Ground sesame seeds
- Add rejuvelac (or water) until about a sour cream consistently.
- Set aside at room temperature (70) for 24 hours.
When fernented add:
- 1 chopped bell pepper
1 finely chopped onion (spring, yellow, white, red - whichever)
1 stalks celery (make sure you use the leaves too)
1 bandful of partly chopped fine
Add: spices to taste (tamari, basil, dill weed, caraway, garlic, add Dr.Bronner's
Minaral Boulion, thyme, etc.)
Var: add some sort of finely grated vegitable like beets, butternut squash
We use this cheese to stuff bell papers, tomatoes, pumpkin and butternut
When using the tamatoes,add tamatoe pulp to cheese.
And when using pumpkin and butternut sqash add the pulp from the sqashes
to flavor, stretch and color the seed cheese.
No need to say whate a beautifully colored cheese you will have if you
will have if you add some beets to it.
Seed Leave or Seed Balls
- Follow same recipe as above except add vegies and spices before fermantation.and
do not add as much rejuvelac or water. Make the consistency thick enough
to shape and form loaves or little balls.
- The vegies will need chopping finer than in the cheese,also the sqash
and beet variation does not fermant well (it might not) so do not fermant
with these vegitables in it(no tamatoes either).
- Set on a tray on platter. Cover with a damp cloth, to keep from drying
out let set up for 36 to 48 hours at room temperature. you might want to
check then at 36 hours to redampen the cloth.
- Serve with a sprout salad.
or serve seed balls with buckwheat lettuce and joseph's delicious Italian
- This is a rich food and should not be eaten in large quantities. We consider
this a transition food.
For more our Delicious recipes write to:
221 Pickens Street
Columbia, S.C. 29205
Please don't forget to sign the guestbook
when you leave!
Return to All Raw Times Homepage